Saturday, June 19, 2010

amanda's bachelorette party invitations

Oh my goodness, it has been two weeks since I posted!  Summer school has taken over my LIFE.  But, now that I have all of these mailed out, I'm so excited to share the bachelorette party invitations I made for my best friend's bridesmaid beach weekend!  Getting to be creative (i.e. the far less talented but just as eager version of Martha Stewart) is my favorite part of being Maid of Honor, and I absolutely cannot wait to celebrate the last months of her singlehood!


First, I found a picture of the lingerie on Google Images that I wanted to trace, cut out, and put on the invitation.  I had bought some beautiful light pink cardstock at Swoozies (R.I.P.) a few weeks before.



Then, I cut out the seven that I needed for all the bridesmaids and Amanda.  I used kids' craft scissors since I needed to cut out the little space between the hanger and the lingerie.



I had also bought several small boxes of sample ribbon from the dollar section at Target (The Promised Land.  Seriously.) and used them to tie seven bows.





Then, I applied super glue to each of the bows and lingerie cut-outs.  I also ended up getting it in my hair, which I do not recommend.





Next, I applied each bow to a lingerie cut-out and let them sit for a while.  I made more than I needed because you just never know.  Especially if you're prone to things like getting glue in your hair.



After printing out the party info on more cardstock using, of all things, PowerPoint and a photo printer, I super-glued the info to longer, darker pieces of pink cardstock and used 3M sticky squares to mount the lingerie cut-outs.  I don't want to show the info just because this is the internet and you can't be too careful, but this will give you a vague idea of the finished product!



I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment